Search Canada or Alaska
Explore Canada & Alaska map
Call for reservations and questions
1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Or contact your travel professional
Subscribe for expert travel tips and inspiration.
Please note that prices are listed in USD.
Sheldon Chalet Aurora Adventure
Depart from Anchorage (Tour Code: ANCSHCH5NP) Daily
All pricing is in USD$
01 Nov 19 - 31 Jan 20
Add to my itinerary
Start planning your tailor-made holiday by contacting one of our specialists
Call 1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Or send a message
Winter on Denali is all about the Aurora, when vibrant shades of color dance across a starlit sky.
At this prime viewing time, the remote and exclusive Sheldon Chalet offers full moon glacier treks, cozy fireside evenings and a sauna to keep you warm.Just 10 miles from Denali's summit, this is a true bucketlist experience!
Itinerary at a Glance
This is a sample 6 Day itinerary and can be customized to guest preferences
Day 1 Arrive in Anchorage
Arrive and check-in to Hotel Captain Cook in downtown Anchorage. The hotel is just blocks from the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts and local shopping.
Day 2 Arrival to Sheldon Chalet
Take a helicopter transfer to arrive at Sheldon Chalet in grand style. Step onto the deck and marvel at the majestic surroundings before coming inside for champagne and a freshly prepared sampling of Alaskan seafood. Explore the Chalet and plan your upcoming adventures with the world-class guides before dining on a delectable meal prepared with local Alaskan ingredients. Then settle in and let the peace and solitude overtake you.
Day 3 Sheldon Chalet
Awake to the sunrise shining on the summit of Denali. Enjoy a cozy cup of coffee as you marvel at the way the light changes the landscape moment by moment. Breakfast is served. Choose one adventure today and another tomorrow such as glacier trekking, snow cavern spelunking, sledding or (weather permitting) snow storm viewing. Enjoy a late afternoon cocktail and delectable hors d'oeuvres on the observation deck then dine on a beautiful gourmet dinner while you watch the sun set on Denali. Spend the evening aurora viewing, star and meteor shower gazing or relaxing in the sauna.
Day 4 Sheldon Chalet
Welcome the majesty of the amphitheater into your morning as it draws you into quiet reflection. Another warm delicious breakfast is prepared just for you. Choose an informative book on the area to read from our library or trek to the historic Sheldon Mountain House for stories of Denali. Enjoy another activity of choice, sled on the nunatak or learn to make an igloo or snow cave. After another mouthwatering dinner, relax in the sauna and watch the aurora dance above the amphitheater out on the observation deck.
Day 5 Depart Sheldon Chalet
Watch the sunrise hit the snow-covered Alaska Range from your bed. Leisurely breakfast on locally sourced Alaskan fare as you say your farewells and prepare to depart the Sheldon Nunatak. Enjoy a helicopter transfer back to Anchorage and spend a night back at Hotel Captain Cook.
Day 6 Anchorage
You trip comes to an end as you check out of Hotel Captain Cook.
- 2 nights in Anchorage (Hotel Captain Cook)
- 3 nights at the Sheldon Chalet
- Activities included when in Anchorage
- Guided glacier adventures while at Sheldon Chalet
- Return transportation between hotels or airport and the helipad in Anchorage
- Return helicopter transportation between Anchorage and Sheldon Chalet
- Staff - chef, concierge, and two adventure guides
- Gourmet meals and all beverages (including alcohol)
- Premium wine pairings with dinner (1 glass per food pairing)
- Outdoor apparel rental package - parka, waterproof shell, pants, boots, gloves
- Use of adventure gear - trekking skis or snowshoes and poles, harnesses and helmets
- Aurora Viewing
- Star and meteor shower gazing
- Local and natural history lessons
- Mini mountaineering ropes course
- Nunatak exploration
- Glacier treks into the 35 square mile Don Sheldon Amphitheater and Great Gorge
- Historic Mountain House tour
- Snow storm viewing
- Bottles of premium wines