Search Canada or Alaska
Explore Canada & Alaska map
Call for reservations and questions
1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Or contact your travel professional
Subscribe for expert travel tips and inspiration.
Please note that prices are listed in USD.
Kenai River Drifter's Lodge Premium Package
(Tour Code: DLCC3NT) Departs Daily
All pricing is in USD$
01 May - 28 Sep, 2020
Add to my itinerary
Start planning your tailor-made holiday by contacting one of our specialists
Call 1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Or send a message
Drifter's Lodge is built in the heart of Cooper Landing, Alaska, on the banks of the Kenai River.
The lodge boasts remarkable riverside cabins as well as guided fishing for new and experienced anglers alike.Fly, spin, reel or cast fish for trophy rainbow trout or salmon, then return to the lodge to enjoy the campfire and sauna.
Itinerary at a Glance
This is a sample 4 Day itinerary and can be customized to guest preferences
Day 1 Arrive to Drifter's Lodge
Arrive at Drifters Lodge on the banks of the Kenai River, and check into your private riverfront cabin with loft bedroom and fantastic views. The lodge staff will prepare your fishing license and get you outfitted in waders. One of the professional guides will pay you a visit tonight to discuss the following day’s fishing trip. In the evening, roast a marshmallow around the campfire on the river’s edge or warm up in the Swedish sauna.
Days 2 - 3 Fishing
Enjoy a hearty breakfast before meeting your guide to go fishing. Drifters fishes the 82-mile Kenai River and its tributaries, as well as the Kasilof River and local Alpine Lakes. Your guide will determine the best location to accomplish your fishing goals, whether you want to fly fish for trophy Rainbow trout, target the world-class runs of sockeye, silver, and king salmon, wade fish one of the tributary streams of the Kenai River, or explore a remote alpine lake for Arctic Grayling. You’ll spend the day in the beautiful Alaskan outdoors, surrounded by the lands of the Chugach National Forest and Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. After a day of fishing, you can choose to relax in your cabin, share stories around the campfire, or warm up in the riverside Swedish sauna. Meals included for the day: breakfast and lunch.
Day 4 Depart Drifter's Lodge
Say goodbye to the guides and staff at Drifters Lodge today; it’s time to begin the journey home. Any salmon that you have retained will be packaged for you in an insulated fish box, airline approved. Fish processing (vacuum packing and freezing) is included in your trip. The fish box will keep your catch safe and frozen for the trip home.
King Salmon: June 5 - July 31
Sockeye Salmon: June 11 - 30, July 15 - August 10
Silver Salmon (lower Kenai): August 1 - September 5
Silver Salmon (Resurrection Bay): July 15 - August 31
Rainbow Trout: June 11 - September 30
Dolly Varden: July 1 - September 30
- Private riverfront cabin with loft bedroom & great view of the Kenai River and Chugach Mountains
- Some cabins (400 - 650 square feet) have front & back porches with private bath, endless hot water, kitchenette, cookware with utensils, a living/dining area and an outside grill
- Fishing (river & ocean fishing) by boat (20 ft. aluminum)
- Nightly campfire at the river's edge and Swedish sauna with its large picture window (available 24 hours and heats in 10 minutes)
- One of the professional guides will be assigned to you each day and will talk with you the night before to get you up to date on the next day's fishing trip
- All fishing equipment: premium rods, reels, tackles, waders, boots for each day determined by the type of fishing (fly, spin, reel or cast)
- Simms or Patagonia waders sizes Youth to XXL king & boots to size 5 - 16 will be provided on arrival
- Fish processing up to 50lbs total per person will be vacuum sealed & frozen then packed in an insulated Fish Box (airline approved)
- A hearty breakfast & lunch is included each day of fishing
- All fishing licenses, stamps and fees
- Multi-species ocean trips require upgrade fee