Search Canada or Alaska
Explore Canada & Alaska map
Call for reservations and questions
1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Or contact your travel professional
Subscribe for expert travel tips and inspiration.
Please note that prices are listed in USD.
Nimmo Bay Wilderness Resort - Wilderness and Wildlife
4 Day / 3 night package departs Monday (Tour Code: NBRYVRWW3) 5 Day / 4 night package departs Thursday (Tour Code: NBRYVRWW4)
All pricing is in USD$
|4 Day Package|
15 Jun - 29 Oct, 2020
|5 Day Package|
15 Jun - 28 Oct, 2020
Child age 12 yrs & under
Add to my itinerary
Start planning your tailor-made holiday by contacting one of our specialists
Call 1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Or send a message
Floating in the middle of the Great Bear Rainforest, Nimmo Bay Wilderness Resort exists at a different vibration than the rest of the world.
Accessible only by helicopter or floatplane, it boasts plenty of land and water-based adventures – from kayaking and hiking to whale watching and grizzly bear viewing – in and around the resort.
Itinerary at a Glance
This adventure is ideal for those looking to relax and enjoy the magic of Nimmo Bay Resort and all of its spectacular amenities, whether it be adventuring along the BC coast or relaxing in the comforts of your personal intertidal chalet. You will be taken on guided wilderness adventures by the Nimmo Bay experienced staff. Go searching for Orca and Humpback whales while learning about breaching, rubbing rocks and the different pod names. Understand the wherefore and why of these magnificent creatures as you spend time with them in their backyard pool. Spend the day on remote islands and beaches and search out Japanese glass fishing floats, explore tidal pools or take a swim. If all of this is not enough, ocean-kayak on the quiet mainland fjords of the Inside Passage. Watch eagles, stellar sea lions, seals, blue herons and otters. Glide quietly over starfish, crab and sea urchin as the tranquility of the moment overwhelms you. Explore the old growth forests and wild raincoast. Touch forests of cedar, hemlock, spruce and pine as you glide seaward on this glacial melt, home to thousands of pacific salmon, trout, otter, aquatic birds and bears. Or you may choose to relax around the resort, enjoying the peace and tranquility that only Nimmo Bay offers.
Day 1 Vancouver to Port Hardy / Nimmo Bay Depart Vancouver for Port Hardy, upon arrival helicopters will meet you after departing the Pacific Coastal Airlines flight and transfer guests to the resort. Dinner included this evening.
Days 2, 3 and 4 (depending on package) Full day (10.00am - 5.00pm) of adventure activities included. Breakfast, lunch, dinner included.
Day of Departure A full day of adventure activities included before transferring by helicopter, back to Port Hardy airport in time to catch the evening flight back to Vancouver. Breakfast and lunch included today.
Wilderness Wildlife Retreat Package Includes:
- Return airfare from Vancouver to Port Hardy
- Floatplane transfer from Port Hardy
- Private chalet accommodation
- Gourmet cuisine with special requests available
- Waterfall hot tubs & outdoor rainforest rain shower
- Assorted alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages
- Adventure gear
- Wireless internet (complimentary) & satellite phone service (on request)
- Use of hot tubs, gym, and resort amenities
- Use of games room including: poker table, self serve mini-bar, satellite television and stargazer viewing system
- Laundry service (if required)
- Guided non-helicopter activities including: yoga classes, kayaking, boat tours, stand up paddle boarding, hiking, paintball, snorkelling, whale watching, bear watching, waterfall tours, cultural experiences beach combing, old growth forest walks, lake swimming
- Spa service
- Premium Alcohol
- Fishing license
Optional Heli-Adventure Day Activities that can be added to the package for an additional cost:
- Heli-Fishing (freshwater, catch & release)
- Heli-Hiking (alpine glaciers, waterfalls, west coast beaches, old growth forests)
- Heli-Rafting (float or white water) – (May - August)
- West Coast Beachcombing & Picnics
- Glacial gourmet lunches
4 Day Package
5 Day Package