Search Canada or Alaska
Explore Canada & Alaska map
Call for reservations and questions
1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Or contact your travel professional
Subscribe for expert travel tips and inspiration.
Please note that prices are listed in USD.
Farewell Harbour Lodge
(Tour Code: MPYVRFHL3N) Depart Daily from Vancouver
All pricing is in USD$
01 Jun - 06 Oct, 2020
Add to my itinerary
Start planning your tailor-made holiday by contacting one of our specialists
Call 1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Or send a message
Experience the beauty of the Broughton Archipelago and the Great Bear Rainforest at this family-run wilderness lodge.
Located on a secluded 10 acre old growth forest, Farewell Harbour Lodge offers bear viewing and whale watching with knowledgeable guides by day, plus delicious meals and cozy comforts by night.
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1 Vancouver to Farewell Harbour Lodge
Departs daily from Vancouver or hotel between 9.30-10.30am. Arrive at Alder Bay at 12.00pm for your 12.30pm departure aboard the high speed water taxi for the scenic 30 minute service to Farewell Harbour. Greet Farewell Harbour Lodge staff at the dock (1.00pm). Check in, receive welcome orientation and lunch. Relax, you’re here! After settling into accommodations, join an afternoon tour in search of marine wildlife in the waters of the famous Johnstone Strait and Robson Bight Ecological Reserve. Return to the lodge by 4.30pm. Buffet dinner at 6pm, followed by next day activity briefing. Evening presentation at 7pm on some aspect of coastal ecology.
Day 2 Farewell Harbour Lodge
After breakfast, meet on the dock at 8am for first full day bear viewing adventure to one of our main grizzly viewing estuaries! Our bear viewing takes us to one of several estuaries where we view either from a zodiac or on foot depending on the tide. We do not use viewing platforms, preferring to view wildlife at eye level in their natural habitat. Return by 4.30pm; buffet dinner at 6pm followed by evening presentation on some aspect of Great Bear Rainforest, Bears, Whales or First Nations culture.
Day 3 Farewell Harbour Lodge
7am breakfast, then on the water at 8am for your choice of another bear viewing safari or a more extensive exploration of the the incredibly rich waters of Johnstone Strait and the Robson Bight Ecological Reserve. Orcas typically return to these waters mid July although Humpbacks and other marine life can often be seen from May through October. Return by 4.30pm for dinner and evening program.
Day 4 Farewell Harbour Lodge to Port Hardy
Choose from one of the following options: A short morning sea kayak excursion in the protected and crystalline waters near Farewell Harbour Lodge, a marine excursion, or a guided interpretive rainforest hike. Return to the lodge for the return water taxi back to Alder Bay about midday arriving for for your transfer back to Port Hardy Airport or hotel. Itineraries starting in Vancouver will end with a flight from Port Hardy to Vancouver.
- Complimentary round-trip shuttle from Port Hardy Airport or hotel to Alder Bay
- Round-trip water taxi from Alder Bay to Farewell Harbour Lodge
- 3 nights accommodations with private ensuite and shower
- Welcome briefing and orientation to the tours, viewing opportunities and facilities
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and snacks starting with lunch on day 1 and ending with lunch on day 4. Wine with dinner is complimentary
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All transportation on all wildlife excursions
- Marine tour excursion on arrival day
- One full day excursion to one of our grizzly viewing areas
- One full day on marine tour excursion or another grizzly bear excursion
Choose from one of the below excursion on departure day:
- Marine excursion (2hours)
- Sea kayak excursion (2hours)
- Guided interpretive rainforest hike (2hours)
- Evening guide presentations/slide shows
- BC Provincial hotel tax & carbon offset fee
- Vancouver departures include round-trip airfare from Vancouver to Port Hardy and transfer by shuttle to Alder Bay from where you transfer by water taxi to Farewell Harbour Lodge
- Extra alcoholic beverages (can be purchased at the lodge)
- Items of a personal nature while at the lodge (laundry)
- Gratuity for staff (recommended $40.00 per day per guest for the duration of stay)
- Early/late arrival/departure times (on request and additional charges apply)
- Fuel surcharge will be added at time of booking and is subject to change
- Minimum child age is 10 years
- 5, 6 or 7 day all-inclusive packages available with additional days spent marine mammal viewing, on bear safaris, sea kayaking, First Nations cultural site visits or a host of other options.
- Please note that there is a $125 change fee for reservation date changes or name changes
- If clients are driving, please make your own way to 1 Alder Bay Road in Alder Bay where you will board the water taxi. There is free parking in Alder Bay.