Search Canada or Alaska
Explore Canada & Alaska map
Call for reservations and questions
1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 7.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm
Or contact your travel professional
Subscribe for expert travel tips and inspiration.
Please note that prices are listed in USD.
Kenai Fjords Denali Explorer
(Tour Code: MPANC12) Departs from Anchorage: Daily
All pricing is in USD$
04 Jun - 21 Aug, 2020
Child age 10 yrs & under
Start planning your tailor-made holiday by contacting one of our specialists
Call 1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 7.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm
Or send a message
Travel by rail and coach on a 7-day tour combining two of Alaska’s most visited destinations: Kenai Fjords National Park and Denali National Park.
Go sea kayaking from Fox Island, take a cruise through Northwestern Fjord and enjoy a scenic backcountry adventure in Denali National Park.Keep a lookout for wildlife!
2020 Alaska Early Booking Bonus Book by April 29, 2020, receive up to $450 per couple in added value which can be used for additional hotel nights, city sightseeing tours, activities or private transfers.
See Terms & Conditions
Itinerary at a Glance
The below itinerary is only a suggestion, we offer tailor-made personal service and solutions to help you plan your perfect vacation.
Day 1 Anchorage to Seward – Cruise to Fox Island Kenai Fjord (Rail / Cruise)
Board the Coastal Classic Train in the Goldstar Railcar for a breathtaking ride to Seward. This scenic journey takes you along Cook Inlet and into the glacier-filled Chugach Mountains. On arrival in Seward, board a boat to exclusive Fox Island for lunch and an afternoon of optional activities. After dinner, prepared by a gourmet chef, enjoy an evening at leisure or beach camp fire. Overnight on Fox Island at Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge. (Breakfast, lunch & dinner included today)
Day 2 Fox Island - Guided Sea Kayaking
Today, enjoy a guided sea kayak trip through the protected waters of Resurrection Bay. Look for puffins, sea lions and seals as you explore the rocky coves of Fox Island. You can even spot whales close to the shore. Overnight on Fox Island at Kenai Fjord Wilderness Lodge. (Breakfast, lunch & dinner included today)
Day 3 Fox Island with Northwestern Fjord Cruise
After a hot and hearty breakfast, you’ll depart this morning on the Northwestern Fjord Cruise. Travel farther into Kenai Fjords National Park than with any other cruise and visit the magnificent Northwestern Fjord, home to three amazing tidewater glaciers and numerous alpine glaciers. Kenai Fjords National Park boasts abundant wildlife, alpine and tidewater glaciers and breathtaking scenery. This cruise is the best way to see this pristine National Park and its inhabitants. Also, visit the Alaska Maritime National Wildlife Refuge, an island home to teeming seabird rookeries. Don’t miss this opportunity to see the untouched beauty of Alaska’s coastal waters. Return to Seward this evening for an overnight stay at Seward Windsong Lodge. (Breakfast at lodge & deli style lunch is included onboard cruise today)
Day 4 Seward to Talkeetna (Coach)
Mid-morning, board a scheduled motorcoach to Talkeetna - your driver will give you some history of the area along the way. Stop in Anchorage and have approximately 90 minutes for lunch (on your own, not included) before continuing to Talkeetna. Upon arrival in Talkeetna at 5:30pm you will be dropped off at your hotel. The evening is at your leisure. Talkeetna is a small but unique gold mining community, famous for its special charm and for its views of Mount Denali, North America’s tallest mountain.
Day 5 Talkeetna to Denali National Park Entrance (Rail)
This morning take the Denali Star, the Alaska Railroad’s flagship train, in the Goldstar Railcar to Denali National Park. The afternoon is open for optional activities such as white water rafting down the Nenana River, helicopter flightseeing over the Park, land on a glacier, or hiking. (Lunch is included onboard the train today)
Day 6 Denali National Park Backcountry Adventure (Coach / Bush Plane Flight)
This full-day narrated coach trip explores the entire 148km /92mi of the restricted Denali Park Road on your way to the Denali Backcountry Lodge. During your journey to Denali Backcountry Lodge, your experienced driver-guide will help in the search for bear, moose, caribou, Dall sheep and other wildlife while pointing out the biology and geology of the area. There are numerous stops for wildlife viewing, photography and to stretch your legs and enjoy complimentary snacks. Lunch is included on this full day journey at the Denali Backcountry Lodge and while at the Lodge you can take a nature walk or try panning for gold. You will return to the park entrance via a flightseeing tour in a small bush plane. If weather permits, you will fly close to Mount Denali.
Day 7 Denali National Park Entrance to Fairbanks (Rail)
This morning is open for optional activities such as: whitewater rafting down the Nenana River, helicopter flightseeing over the Park, landing on a glacier, or hiking. After lunch (not included), take the shuttle to the Alaska Railroad Station and board the Denali Star Train in the Goldstar Railcar to Fairbanks. Enjoy the late afternoon scenery as you travel north to Fairbanks. (Dinner is included onboard the train today)
Accommodation including taxes for 6 nights
- Fox Island - Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge (Standard Room) (With lunch, dinner & breakfast)
- Seward - Seward Windsong Lodge (Standard Room)
- Talkeetna - Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge (Guest Lodge Room)
- Denali Park Entrance - Grande Denali Lodge (Standard Room)
- Alaska Railroad - Anchorage to Seward Goldstar Service with dome car seating & private outdoor viewing deck (breakfast onboard train)
- Transfer between Seward train station & the small boat harbour
- Cruise transfer to Fox island
- Guided sea kayak tour (option of one full day tour or two half day tours)
- 8 hr Northwestern Fjord Cruise with breakfast and deli-style lunch
- Shuttle from small boat harbour after cruise to accommodation
- Scheduled coach transfer with driver commentary - Seward to Talkeetna with pick-up / drop-off at hotels
- Talkeetna hotel shuttle between hotel & train station
- Alaska Railroad - Talkeetna to Denali Goldstar Service with dome car seating & private outdoor viewing deck (lunch onboard train)
- Denali hotel shuttle between train station & hotel
- Denali Backcountry Adventure Tour with flight back to Denali National Park Entrance
- Denali National Park entrance fee
- Alaska Railroad - Denali to Fairbanks Goldstar Service with dome car seating & private outdoor viewing deck (dinner onboard train)
- Travel Documentation (Emailed)
- Anchorage transfer between hotel and train station (please note some hotels provide complimentary transfers)
- Fairbanks transfer between train station & hotel (please note some hotels provide complimentary transfers)
- Activities other than specified
- Meals other than specified
- Hard copy documentation kit