Search Canada or Alaska
Explore Canada & Alaska map
Call for reservations and questions
1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Or contact your travel professional
Subscribe for expert travel tips and inspiration.
Please note that prices are listed in USD.
Denali Backcountry Highlights
(Tour Code: MPANC08) Departs from Anchorage: Daily
All pricing is in USD$
04 Jun - 04 Jun, 2020 05 Jun - 31 Aug, 2020 01 Sep - 07 Sep, 2020 08 Sep - 11 Sep, 2020
04 Jun - 06 Jun, 2020 07 Jun - 31 Aug, 2020 01 Sep - 11 Sep, 2020
Child age 10 yrs & under
Add to my itinerary
Start planning your tailor-made holiday by contacting one of our specialists
Call 1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Or send a message
Explore Alaska's two largest cities and the backcountry of Denali National Park on this 3-day trip that includes a scenic flight and time aboard Alaska Railroad.
A reversible itinerary between Anchorage and Fairbanks, you'll spot wildlife like grizzlies, moose, caribou and Dall sheep plus experience activities like gold panning.
Itinerary at a Glance
The below itinerary is only a suggestion, we offer tailor-made personal service and solutions to help you plan your perfect vacation.
Day 1 Anchorage to Denali National Park Entrance (Rail)
Early this morning take the Denali Star, the Alaska Railroad’s flagship train, in the Goldstar Railcar with service to Denali National Park. Watch for views of Mount Denali and keep an eye out for wildlife. Arrive mid-afternoon; the rest of the day is at leisure to enjoy an optional activity. (Breakfast & lunch is included onboard the train today)
Day 2 Denali National Park Backcountry Adventure (Coach / Bush Plane Flight)
This full-day narrated coach trip explores the entire 148km /92mi of the restricted Denali Park Road on your way to the Denali Backcountry Lodge. During your journey to Denali Backcountry Lodge, your experienced driver-guide will help in the search for Bear, Moose, Caribou, Dall Sheep and other wildlife while pointing out the biology and geology of the area. There are numerous stops for wildlife viewing, photography and to stretch your legs and enjoy complimentary snacks. Lunch is included on this full day journey at the Denali Backcountry Lodge and while at the Lodge you can take a nature walk or try panning for gold. You will return to the park entrance via a flightseeing tour in a small bush plane.
Day 3 Denali National Park Entrance to Fairbanks (Rail)
This morning is open for optional activities such as: whitewater rafting down the Nenana River, helicopter flightseeing over the Park, landing on a glacier, or hiking. After lunch (not included), take the shuttle to the Alaska Railroad Station and board the Denali Star Train in the Goldstar Railcar to Fairbanks. Enjoy the late afternoon scenery as you travel north to Fairbanks. (Dinner is included onboard the train today)
- Accommodation including taxes for 2 nights
- Alaska Railroad - Anchorage to Denali Goldstar Service with dome car seating & private outdoor viewing deck (breakfast & lunch onboard train)
- Denali hotel shuttle transfer between train station & hotel
- Denali Backcountry Adventure Tour with flight back to Denali National Park Entrance
- Denali National Park entrance fee
- Alaska Railroad - Denali to Fairbanks Goldstar Service with dome car seating & private outdoor viewing deck (dinner onboard train)
- Travel documentation
- Anchorage transfer between hotel and train station (please note some hotels provide complimentary transfers)
- Fairbanks transfer between train station and hotel (please note some hotels provide complimentary transfers)
- Activities other than specified
- Meals other than specified
Hotel Information (Moderate Grade)
- Denali Park Entrance - Denali Cabins (Standard Cabin)
Hotel Information (Superior Grade)
- Denali Park Entrance - Grande Denali Lodge (Standard Room)