Search Canada or Alaska
Explore Canada & Alaska map
Call for reservations and questions
1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Or contact your travel professional
Subscribe for expert travel tips and inspiration.
Please note that prices are listed in USD.
Highlights of Kenai Fjord & Denali
(Tour Code: MPANC13) Departs from Anchorage: Daily except Saturday
All pricing is in USD$
05 Jun - 19 Aug, 2020
Child age 10 yrs & under
Add to my itinerary
Start planning your tailor-made holiday by contacting one of our specialists
Call 1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Or send a message
This 8-day tour combines two of Alaska’s most visited destinations – Kenai Fjords National Park and Denali National Park – with an overnight stay in the Talkeetna area.
Traveling by rail and coach, you'll experience bear viewing in Redoubt Bay, a glacier dog sled helicopter tour in Girdwood and a cruise in Kenai Fjords.
Itinerary at a Glance
The below itinerary is only a suggestion, we offer tailor-made personal service and solutions to help you plan your perfect vacation.
Day 1 Anchorage Arrival
Upon arrival in Anchorage transfer at your own cost to your hotel, the rest of the day is at leisure to enjoy the sights.
Day 2 Floatplane to Redoubt Bay Bear Viewing
Enjoy a half day guided day tour with the opportunity to view Alaska’s black and brown bears in their natural habitat. You’ll fly by floatplane, 70 miles southwest of Anchorage to the entrance of Lake Clark Wilderness Preserve, site of Redoubt Bay Lodge to view resident brown bears up close from one of the lodge’s covered pontoon boats. (Lunch is included today)
Day 3 Anchorage to Girdwood (Rail). Glacier Dog Sled Helicopter Tour
Board the Coastal Classic Train in the Goldstar Railcar for a breathtaking ride to Girdwood. This scenic journey takes you along Cook Inlet and into the glacier-filled Chugach Mountains. Upon arrival in Girdwood, transfer by shuttle to your overnight accommodation at Alyeska Resort. This is where your next adventure begins. A helicopter ride, a glacier landing & dog sledding on snow in the summer in Alaska... there is no better way to see Alaska than from the air, and there’s no better Alaskan activity than dog sledding. Returning to the heliport you will be transferred back to Alyeska Resort. The rest of the day is at leisure to explore this scenic alpine resort. We have included air tram tickets for the ride to the peak of Alyeska. (Breakfast is included onboard the train today)
Day 4 Girdwood to Seward (Coach)
Midday join your coach for a short drive to your stop for lunch then on to visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Centre, which provides care and rehabilitation for injured and orphaned wildlife. Here you can safely get close, observe, and photograph some of Alaska’s largest land animals including: moose, bison, elk, deer, caribou, bears, muskox, small mammals, and birds of prey. Lastly, stop at Exit Glacier if time allows. An eight mile drive off the main road reveals a spectacular vantage point; a short and easy walk provides an up-close and personal view of a magnificent glacier. (Lunch is included today)
Day 5 Northwestern Fjord Cruise (Cruise)
Today we have arranged for you to take an all-day Kenai Fjords Northwestern Fjord Cruise. Travel farther into Kenai Fjords National Park than with any other cruise and visit the magnificent Northwestern Fjord, home to three amazing tidewater glaciers and numerous alpine glaciers. Kenai Fjords National Park boasts abundant wildlife, alpine and tidewater glaciers and breathtaking scenery. This cruise is the best way to see this pristine National Park and its inhabitants. Also, visit the Alaska Maritime National Wildlife Refuge, an island home to teeming seabird rookeries. Don’t miss this opportunity to see the untouched beauty of Alaska’s coastal waters. (A continental breakfast & deli-style lunch is included onboard)
Day 6 Seward to Denali (Coach)
Mid-morning, board a scheduled motorcoach to Denali - your driver will give you some history of the area along the way. Stop in Anchorage and have approximately 90 minutes for lunch (on your own, not included) before continuing to Denali.
Day 7 Denali National Park Backcountry Adventure (Coach / Bush Plane Flight)
This full-day narrated coach trip explores the entire 148km /92mi of the restricted Denali Park Road. Your driver-guide will help in the search for bear, moose, caribou, Dall sheep and other wildlife. Lunch & snacks are included on this full day journey and while at the Lodge you can take a nature walk or try panning for gold. You will return to the park entrance via a flightseeing tour in a small bush plane.
Day 8 Denali National Park Entrance to Fairbanks (Rail)
This morning is open for optional activities. After lunch (not included), take the shuttle to the Alaska Railroad Station and board the Denali Star Train in the Goldstar Railcar to Fairbanks. Enjoy the late afternoon scenery as you travel north to Fairbanks. (Dinner is included onboard the train today)
Accommodation including taxes for 7 nights
- Anchorage - Hilton Anchorage Hotel (Standard Room)
- Girdwood - Alyeska Resort (Deluxe Room)
- Seward - Seward Windsong Lodge (Standard Room)
- Denali Park Entrance - Grande Denali Lodge (Standard Room)
Bear Viewing Safari (6 hrs)
- Anchorage hotel to floatplane dock pick up / drop off
- Return float-plane flight between Anchorage and Redoubt Bay
- Bear viewing (3 hrs) with professional guides
- Alaska Railroad - Anchorage to Girdwood Goldstar Service with dome car seating & private outdoor viewing deck (breakfast onboard train)
- Glacier Dog Sled Helicopter Tour (Duration 2 hours)
- Aerial tram ride to the peak of Alyeska
Day tour by coach from Girdwood to Seward with lunch
- Admission to Alaska Wildlife Conservation Centre
- Photo stop at Exit Glacier
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- 9 hr Northwestern Fjord Cruise with breakfast & lunch
- Shuttle to / from small boat harbour to accommodation
- Scheduled coach transfer with driver commentary - Seward to Denali with pick-up / drop-off at hotels
- Denali Backcountry Adventure Tour with flight back to Denali National Park Entrance, including park entrance fee
- Denali hotel shuttle between train station & hotel
- Alaska Railroad - Denali to Fairbanks Goldstar Service with dome car seating & private outdoor viewing deck (dinner onboard train)
- Anchorage transfer between hotel and airport (please note some hotels provide complimentary transfers)
- Fairbanks transfer between train station and hotel (please note some hotels provide complimentary transfers)
- Activities other than specified
- Meals other than specified