Search Canada or Alaska
Explore Canada & Alaska map
Call for reservations and questions
1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Or contact your travel professional
Subscribe for expert travel tips and inspiration.
Please note that prices are listed in USD.
Grizzly Bears of the Great Bear Rain Forest
(Tour Code: MPSBL3) Departs Vancouver: Daily
All pricing is in USD$
01 Jun - 31 Jul, 2019
Add to my itinerary
Start planning your tailor-made holiday by contacting one of our specialists
Call 1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Or send a message
The Great Bear Rainforest of British Columbia is quite simply the largest piece of intact temperate rainforest left on the planet.
It is here in the Great Bear Rainforest that the Kitasoo/Xai’xais First Nation has lived since time immemorial.They have shared the forest and the salmon with a very special creature they call moskgm’ol (white bear).
Opportunities to view the Grizzly bear are quite good as they move from early foraging for roots in the late Spring to savouring wild berries in the Summer before moving on to the great autumn feast during salmon spawning which runs from mid August to late October depending on the river system
Day 1 Vancouver to Spirit Bear Lodge Depart Vancouver South Terminal on Pacific Coastal Airlines scheduled 2 hour afternoon service to Bella Bella. Arrive mid-afternoon and transfer to the boat dock to continue on for your 90 minute water taxi ride to Spirit Bear Lodge in Klemtu. Upon arrival you will receive a welcome orientation followed by dinner and an evening presentation on the coastal ecology.
Day 2 Spirit Bear Lodge After breakfast, meet at the dock and gear up for your first full day bear viewing adventure to one of the main grizzly viewing estuaries. See the spectacular waterfalls in Carter Inlet. Return early evening for dinner followed by an evening presentation of the Great Bear Rainforest, Bears or First Nations culture.
Day 3 Spirit Bear Lodge After breakfast, meet at the dock and gear up for another full day bear viewing adventure, this time on foot in one of the Spirit Bear Rivers. Return early evening for dinner followed by an evening program.
Day 4 Spirit Bear Lodge to Vancouver After breakfast, choice of morning sea-kayak paddle along the shores south of Klemtu, rainforest walk or cultural tour. Late morning, board the water taxi for your 90 minute trip to Bella Bella arriving in time to catch an afternoon flight back to Vancouver arriving early evening.
- Return airfare from Vancouver to Bella Bella and shuttle to Bella Bella dock
- Return water taxi transportation from Bella Bella dock to lodge
- 3 nights accommodation at Spirit Bear Lodge
- Welcome briefing and orientation
- All meals and snacks while at Spirit Bear Lodge beginning with dinner on arrival day and ending with lunch on final day
- Professional guides services on all programs
- Day excursion & transportation to main grizzly viewing area
- Evening guide presentation/slide show
- Evening Big House interpretive tour
Half-day morning optional excursion on departureday:
- Cultural and natural history sites
- Black Bear Tracking
- Extended cultural and natural history sites interpretive walking tour
- Marine tour for Humpback whale viewing (seasonal)
- Coastal Watchman Program user fee
- Gratuities (recommended $30 per day per guest)