Search Canada or Alaska
Explore Canada & Alaska map
Call for reservations and questions
1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Or contact your travel professional
Subscribe for expert travel tips and inspiration.
Please note that prices are listed in USD.
Yukon Winter Adventure (Whitehorse Departure)
Tour Code: MPYXY2 Departs From Whitehorse: Daily, except Dec 24 & 25
All pricing is in USD$
10 Dec, 2019 - 21 Mar, 2020
Add to my itinerary
Start planning your tailor-made holiday by contacting one of our specialists
Call 1 800 217 0973
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Or send a message
An excellent tour for families, experience 5 days of adventure through snowmobiling, dog sledding and relaxing in the warm waters of Takhini Hotsprings.
Visit the Yukon Wildlife Preserve and spend nights Aurora viewing around the fire.Hot drinks and snacks make the wait enjoyable, but the Northern Lights steal the show.
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1 Arrive Whitehorse
Transfer included from the airport to your hotel in downtown Whitehorse where you’ll be staying for the duration of this tour. All stores, banks and important sights are within easy walking distance of the hotel. You can explore this lively northern town on your own. After dinner, we will pick you up at 10pm for your first night of Aurora viewing. Return to your hotel at 3am.
Day 2 Full Day Sightseeing
Today we’ll show you the capital of the Yukon and the surroundings to give you a first impression: During a city tour you’ll see the old train station of the White Pass & Yukon Route railroad, the Log Skyscraper, old Log Church and the paddle wheeler SS Klondike. We’ll also show you some residential areas and stop at the Visitors Reception Centre. On the way to the Takhini Hot Springs we stop at the Wildlife Preserve where you’ll see most of the wildlife seen in the Yukon, such as moose, caribou, bison, dall sheep, big horn sheep, musk oxen and others. At the Takhini Hot Springs we have time for a leisurely swim in the hot waters. After dinner we’ll pick you up at 10pm for your guided northern lights viewing tour. At around 3am we take you back to your hotel.
Day 3 Full Day Snowmobiling
Your snowmobiling adventure awaits you today. Our van will take you up to Fish Lake, just over half an hour away from the hotel. Here you’ll get your instructions about snowmobile safety and any further instructions you’ll need and off you are across the lake and into some of the most beautiful mountains you can imagine! Lunch will be served on the trail and by late afternoon you’ll return to Whitehorse. At 10pm we take you out to your third night of Aurora viewing.
Day 4 Takhini River and Dogsledding Tour
Another highlight of this tour will be this full day dog sledding tour along the Takhini River and into the Ibex Valley west of Whitehorse. Then we will be assigned our team of from 4 to 6 dogs and off we go! We will follow well prepared trails and our guides will make sure that we are always in control of our teams. Lunch will be served along the trail when both, we and the dogs need a well deserved break. By late afternoon we will return to the kennel for a mug of coffee or hot chocolate before we will return to the hotel. At 10pm we will take you out to your last night of aurora viewing.
Day 5 Transfer to Whitehorse Airport
You continue to your next adventure in the Yukon or we’ll bring you to the airport in time for your flight home.
- Airport transfers in Whitehorse
- All transportation by van as per itinerary
- 4 nights accommodation in a downtown hotel
- 2 lunches
- Admission to Yukon Game Farm
- Admission to Takhini Hot Springs
- Guided Aurora Viewing
- One day snowmobile tour
- One day Dog Mushing Tour
- Knowledgeable and experienced driver/guide for the duration of the tour
- All licenses
- Gratuities for lodge staff and instructors
Checklist of items to bring:
- Ski suit, thermal underwear & warm clothing, hat, mitts, winter boots
- Day pack
- Sunscreen, sunglasses
Optional Winter Clothing Package:
- Includes: Winter outerwear pants and fleece liner, winter outerwear jacket with fleece liner
- Winter boots (Sorel Glacier or similar), insulated mitts, insulated headgear / cap. At $163 incl all taxes
- For constellation photography bring 35 mm SLR manual camera, ASA 400 film or faster, tripod and cable release
- Average temperatures at the this time of winter are between -2° and - 24° Celsius, but extremes may be as low as - 45° Celsius. We ask you to bring proper clothing to withstand these temperatures. You can buy winter clothing in Whitehorse or rent a clothing package from Northern Tales.
- This tour is weather dependent and therefore changes in the itinerary are a possibility. The operator reserves the right to change the tour itinerary.
- Canadian law requires that you sign a ‘release of claims and waiver of liability form’ prior to this trip.